Monday, November 18, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/17/13: Yard Work, The Deke Craves Clam Chowder, The Deke Craves Pizza

1.  I took delight in raking more leaves in the back, bringing them to the front, and mulching flower beds.  I also took delight in getting some weeding done in the wild bed on the north end of the front of the house.  There's more to do and more delight ahead.

2.  The Deke suddenly told me she was craving clam chowder and so I strolled down to the Fisherman's Market and brought home a pint of chowder and a pint of seafood stew.  What a neighborhood we live in!  Superb seafood just over two blocks away.  Same with Italian.  Mexican.  Chinese. Two blocks away the best reuben I've ever eaten and the best chicken soup.  Two blocks away I can eat great biscotti or other sweets.  We marveled at how fortunate we are to be so close to such good food and we loved our fish soups.

3.  It was a day of craving for the Deke.  Early in the evening she craved pizza and guess what?  I can walk just over two blocks up Monroe Street to Whirled Pies and buy a fine New York style pizza pie.  We ordered a personal Lincoln Park:  homemade sausage, caramelized onions, and kalamata olives and, of course, Whirled Pies' signature fresh basil and fresh grated cheese.  We enjoyed the pizza and I enjoyed that the Deke's cravings today led to us eating some food I never would have purchased on my own.

No comments: