Thursday, November 7, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/06/13: Walking to Delta Ponds, Taking Pictures, Not Great Pizza Hits the Spot!

1.  I ran into Betsy and Dan and Mathias at the Farmers Market Saturday and we talked about outdoorsman and Shakespeare expert Paul Willis and Mathias asked me if was like Paul, did I hike and kayak and spend a lot of time in the great outdoors and I answered that I didn't, but that I liked going to Delta Ponds and that was my only real hiking experience and Dan joked that I could walk to Delta Ponds and a light went on in my head and I replied that I sure could and today I did just that.  I walked down Madison Street past the Wandering Goat and the 4J district offices through the Owen Rose Garden down the path through Maurie Jacobs Park, past VRCenter and on up to Delta Ponds where I walked over to the ponds east of Goodpasture Island Road and walked back home.  It was a gorgeous walk:


2.  I had a great time on this walk taking pictures.  I took one of my favorite hand holding pictures and some pictures I enjoyed of waterfowl at Delta Ponds and some pictures of places to sit and pictures of the fall colors down by the river.  Funny how looking through and little machine and pushing a shutter button can be so much fun.

3.  It's not great pizza.  I know that.  But the Deke brought home a personal pepperoni pizza from Cornucopia for the two of us and a bottle of red wine and it was really good.  It was also fun.

No comments: