Friday, November 1, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/31/13: Gratitude, Zombie Picture on Lensblr, Smokey Soup

1.  One of my students stuck around after class to thank me for being flexible.  It was a small gesture on my part, saying "yes" when she asked if she could finish a during class paper at home and email it to me.  I appreciated her gratitude and, once again, had it confirmed that running a water tight ship in a college classroom never works as well as sailing one that wanders off course fairly frequently. 

2.  Today, Lensblr on Tumblr featured a zombie picture I submitted a couple weeks ago and quite a few people "liked" the picture and/or reblogged it.  I looked at the blogs of people who reposted it:  most were teenagers adding another picture to their collection of ghoulish pictures they had found around the WWeb.  I got some attention from some more serious photographers who then "liked" other pictures I have posted .  It's the most attention I've ever received in a single day on Tumblr.  Heh.  The funny part is, I'm am so NOT a zombie guy, but I enjoyed taking the zombie pictures earlier in the month and......

3.  I nearly killed a really good soup yesterday and managed to improved it a bit and just decided to think of it as smokey tomato multi-bean vegetable soup. 

No comments: