Saturday, November 30, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/29/13: Delta Ponds with the Q, Prepping for the Deke's Return, Facebook Friday -- Almost

1.  Once I increased the LCD screen's brightness on the back of the Pentax Q, and, now that I have turned off the power saving option that made it go dim after ten seconds, I had a good time testing my 50 mm Nikkor manual lens attached to my Pentax Q with my new Fotodiox adapter. (Heh.  That might be the most tedious sentence I've written since starting this blog!)  I went to Delta Ponds and started learning what I could focus on and close/far away subjects could be.  It was a relief, actually, that I was able to take some pictures and enjoy some of the results:





2.  In anticipation of The Deke's return on Saturday, I went to the grocery store and made sure we had enough coffee, vegetables, grains, and Soba noodles for the next few days.  Why was it so quiet at the store?  Why so few people?  Ducks/Beavers, maybe?  It sure was nice having the place be so relaxed.

3.  Adam, the Troxstar, and I spent the duration of the Ducks/Beaver football game making smart alec remarks on Facebook, entertaining each other with our keen wit and broadcasters' cliche.  We gave it 110 percent and, in the end, we could hold our heads high.  (It was kind of like Facebook Friday again!  I used to have a lot of fun joining in with the Troxstar's high school pals being witty and posting YouTubes and telling stories on Friday evenings...Facebook Friday went away, but
Adam, the Troxstar, and I breathed a little life back into it last night....)

No comments: