Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/18/13: SELCO Picture Taking Walk, Keeping a Promise, The Pats at Billy Mac's

1.  I needed some money out of an ATM and I walked, just for the pleasure of it, eleven or twelve blocks to SELCO Credit Union and along the way I found several chairs, sofas, benches, and other places to sit, mostly on porches, and I took pictures to add to my collection, "Come -- Have a Sit".  Here's one that some people told me they liked:


2.  I brought home papers to grade to be turned back on Tuesday (tomorrow) and I decided not to grade them and do them in the morning instead.  It's part of a promise I've made to myself to only work on the two days I go to school and to take the other five days off.  I succeeded and I know I'll get those papers back in time.  So, no, those of you who warned me, I have not expanded part-time work into full-time work, and, no, I have not let my retirement be dominated by a two day a week job.  I don't work a hell of a lot more than I work -- as it should be for a retired guy. 

3.  The Deke, the Troxstar, and I piled into Billy Mac's, seized three stools at the bar, ordered drinks and food, and settled in to watch the Patriots and the Panthers play a superb football game.  I was especially impressed with Cam Newton and didn't want to be.

No comments: