Monday, November 4, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/03/13: Campus Neighborhood Stroll, Rev. Betsy is Leaving, The Deke Returns

1.  Before church, I ambled through a small part of the west campus neighborhood near the U of O and added to my collection of pictures of couches, chairs, and other furniture sitting on porches.

2.   I heard Rev. Betsy Tesi preach for the last time this morning.  She is leaving St. Mary's for another position in Virginia and, while next Sunday is her last Sunday at the pulpit, I will be in Pendleton/Gladstone and won't hear her give her last sermon nor will I be able to attend the farewell reception sendng her off.  I am very grateful for Rev. Betsy Tesi's service to St. Mary's.  On a personal level, without knowing it, she contributed mightily to revitalizing my involvement at the church and, every single time I heard her preach, I came away from worship with a fresh perspective.  Who knows?  With Molly's family living in Virginia, not far from where Betsy will be working, maybe I'll be able to visit Molly one day and visit Betsy Tesi as well.  (I should add that my reasons for needing revitalizing at St. Mary's was because of my struggles with fatigue and other health problems.  It's not a reflection of my experience with Father Ted or Bishop John or any other past clergy.)

3.  Yes, she returned late in the evening, well past our bedtime, but it is really good to have the Deke back home. 

No comments: