Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/11/13: Turner House is Quiet and Easy, Bus Ride Mellow, Back with the Deke

1.  The Turner household is a quiet place in the morning.  Up early, the Turners settle into morning coffee/tea, newspapers or laptops/tablets and quietly get underway for the day.  It's why I brought my book, since I left my laptop at home.  So I read a lot more of The Book of Air and Shadows and took care of myself while Terry and Nancy went through their routines and Terry fixed oatmeal and eventually we headed to Union Station so I could catch the AmTrak bus back to Eugene.

2.  The bus ride was mellow and comfortable.  I had two seats to myself and enjoyed reading.  The reading got intense and I lost track of time and once the bus left Albany, it seemed like no time passed before we were in Eugene.

3.  The Deke and I met up at the Steelhead for a bite to eat and some beer and then decided to have a little more beer and enjoyed it at the Bier Stein.  It was great way to relax back into being together again after the weekend and we enjoyed both the beer and our ongoing conversations about just what we are going to do next in our life, in the short term (the Deke's going to Chicago) and the long term (who knows?).

No comments: