Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/09/13: Getting Underway, A New Pal, Royal Flush

1.  Up and at 'em at the breakfast buffet for some eggs and sausage and potatoes and other fine filling food, laying a foundation for a day of drinking beer and watching football, playing some machines, and more Great Guys Hall of Fame yakking and laughing. 

2.  Byrdman and I sat down at the bar.  I started with a veggie laced bloody Mary with a salted rim.  He got underway with a red Coors Light, his drink of the day, and we met Aaron from Ephrata who was in for a couple of beers to settle his nerves and clear his head before heading into his session at the Wild Horse's Annual Poker Round Up.  His session was at noon and he suffered a really bad bad beat and was rejoined us not long after 1:00.   But he made new friends from Kellogg, Idaho and once Stu and Lars arrived, he got to experience a pretty full blast of goodness hangin out with us Great Guys Hall of Fame members who could make it to Pendleton.

3.  For only the second time in ten years of playing video poker from time to time, I hit a royal flush and my 25 cent bet paid me 200 dollars.  My budget was looking really good and my good luck once again signaled to me that it was time to hit the sack. 

No comments: