Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/04/13: Picture Stroll to SELCO, Autumn Chores, "Ringo's Theme"

1.  I needed some money from an ATM, so I gave myself a good walk and went to SELCO and enjoyed taking pictures along the way.  I looked at the pictures in the evening and didn't think much of them, so I'm wondering if I am in another picture taking slump or if it was my end of the day fatigue.  I'll look at them again when I'm rested.

2.  I got some small chores done around the house:  raking leaves, putting a pile near the curb for pick up, putting others in garden beds as winter mulch, checking gutters.  One of the things I like about my retired life is that I can chip away at these chores and not have to do them all at once on the weekends.

3.  So.  Saturday morning, Russell, Mary, and I were at the 5th Street Market waiting for Pure to open and an instrumental Beatles song came on.  The market was playing KRVM as background sound.  I couldn't remember the name of the tune, but said I thought it was from the soundtrack for A Hard Day's Night.  Identifying that song was becoming a minor obsession.  This evening, barely in tune, I croaked out the opening measure of the tune for the Deke.  She's a genius.  She was able to tell from the terrible sounds coming from my throat that the song was "This Boy".  I looked into it more and then RIGHT, now I remember.  On the soundtrack album, it was called "Ringo's Theme".  For whatever reason, A Hard Day's Night was the only Beatles album I ever owned and that particular track just got to me when I was eleven years old and it was a great relief to have the ingenious help of the Deke to figure out the name of the tune and to look into how it was used in A Hard Day's Night

No comments: