Thursday, November 21, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/20/13: Trotting the S95 Back Out, Pentax Q Arrives, Stocking Cap at the Kiva

1.  My Canon S95 is a powerful small camera, but the only way I can put it is that it started to jam.  The lens wouldn't move.  I had it fixed and it seemed to work fine when it came back, but then it jammed again at a vintage car show at the fairgrounds and again when my sisters and I went to Nelson, BC.  It didn't stay jammed, but the problem frustrated me, and I didn't use the camera for a while, until today.  I bought a Pentax Q.  It would be coming by UPS to the house some time today and I decided to see if the S95 would work.  So, I trotted it out and had a great time taking some pictures today and it never jammed, to my delight.  Here are a couple pictures I took and liked:

2.
Charly

It's Halloween Every Day


2.  My Pentax Q arrived and I charged the battery, put the strap on it, and delighted how it fits in the leather case I bought.  It will be my first time using a case where I can attach the camera, at the bottom, to the case, and shoot while the case and camera are of a piece.  I read the early chapters of the manual slowly and carefully and I'm starting to understand how the menus work and what this camera can do.  Now all I need is a memory card.  I'm fresh out of new cards here at the house.  I'm eager to get going with this delightful, price chopped, small camera and its interchangeable lens system -- even though I only have the zoom that came with the camera. (But, I have my eye on the prime lens Pentax made for the Q series.)

3.   I don't know the woman's name who checked me out at the Kiva today, but she's a long-time employee and is a good person:  I've seen her be very helpful with people in the store and I often see her talking and laughing with fellow employees.  She asked me about the stocking cap I was wearing and I told her my wife knit it, originally for one of our grandsons, but she made it too big, so I got it.  She laughed and then I told her it was the third cap the Deke had knit for me and she thought I was a pretty lucky guy. 

No comments: