Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/07/13: Gliding on AmTrak, Highland Pastie, Football Agony and Futball Ecstasy

1.  The AmTrak Cascade left promptly at nine o'clock and I had a very comfortable ride, sweetened by a slice of banana bread and a couple cups of coffee.  I also thoroughly enjoyed reading more deeply into The Book of Air and Shadows, a sprawling piece of fiction centered around a long lost manuscript of a long lost Shakespeare play and about ninety different characters involved in the intrigue and murders with the hope of cashing in, if the manuscript is recovered.  

2.  Terry picked me up in Oregon City and not long afterwards, we headed to the Highland Stillhouse, Oregon's best pub, in my humble opinion, and I enjoyed a corned beef pastie and a couple pints of English Ale that I loved, but I'll be damned if I can remember its name.  Oh, well...I'd know it if I saw it...

3.  I got to take part in Terry's world of Duck football viewing when Dan and Gordie came over to Terry's house and we watched the beefy Stanford Cardinal pound the Oregon Ducks into submission.  Our disappointment was tempered a bit by the Timbers' victory over the Sounders, a fun match to watch.

No comments: