Sunday, August 16, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 07/15/15: No Machine Worked, Snafus, Turning of the Tide

1. I decided to have pictures I took at the Aquatic Gardens and at the Wheaton Regional Park printed. I usually do this online through Costco, but the online Costco Photo Center is closed while the company investigates a security breach. So I went to the Beltsville Costco to order the pictures.  For the first time in my life, I had a failed experience at Costco -- very unusual.  Not one of the three machines I used would load my pictures off of the cd I took in. After over 45 minutes of trying, I surrendered to the facts of life that this wasn't my day and headed off to go for a walk in the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge.

2. On my way to the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge, I took a wrong turn and ended up in a Filipino-American Seventh Day Adventist church parking lot, so, seeing that this wasn't my day, I bagged going to Patuxent, and came back to our apartment home where someone talking on a smart phone was parked across three parking spaces in front of our apartment building, including our assigned spot. She never saw me waiting for her to move, never heard me lightly honk my horn, so I inched closer to her and she finally looked up. We smiled. She moved.  I parked. I laughed at the absurdity of my life. I went in, logged on to flickr, and ordered my pictures through Snapfish. Had I only done this 90 minutes ago. . . .

3. Things improved mightily when the Deke and I drove over to Molly and Hiram's to visit, enjoy some chicken dinner together, and shoot the breeze.  It was a good way to turn the tide of a day of snafus into a day of satisfaction.

No comments: