Sunday, August 2, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 08/01/15: Honey Nut Cheerio Time, David Loves the Flashlight, Do Nothing Day

1. As I was sitting here in our apartment home, writing away, David and Olivia suddenly emerged, hungry for a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and thirsty for some apple juice. I marvel at how easy they are to please.

2. All morning long, all David really needed to be content was to keep his story going about how dark it can be in the back bedroom if the light is off and the blinds and door are closed and so he needs to have a flashlight back there. Luckily, I keep a flashlight out in plain sight in the living room. David is endlessly entertained by turning it off and on and making sure I know exactly how he can put it to good use.

3. Once the Deke left for the Diaz house with Olivia and David, I needed a day of doing nothing and I succeeded. I am very happy to be living in Maryland and being so close to Molly and Adrienne and their children. I enjoy Greenbelt and knowing that Washington, D. C.and other fine places are a short train ride away. At the same time, living so far from family in Kellogg and the difficulty of leaving family in Maryland and New York behind when I head west and the difficulty of leaving friends and family behind when I return east, fatigues me -- and today I needed to sit around and do nothing more ambitious than get a couple of loads of laundry done and mess around on the World Wide Web.

No comments: