Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 08/10/15: Writing About Christy's Move, More on *Mr. Holmes*, Scrounging for Dinner

1.  It took me most of the day to write the three posts for this blog I was determined to finish today. In addition to 3BTs, I completed the next Sibling Assignment.  In it, I reflect on how happy I am for my sister, Christy, for my mom, and for our entire family that Christy has moved in next door to Mom.  It's posted here.

2. The corgis insisted that I feed them shortly before 5:30 a.m. this morning, so in the afternoon, as I worked to write my last blog post of the day, I needed a nap.  When I awoke, made myself a cup of tea, and sat down, I was in much better shape to write about my understanding of virtuous deceit in Shakespeare and how it helped me reflect upon the movie Mr. Holmes. I do not disclose plot details of Mr. Holmes, so if you decide to go here and read my thoughts, I won't spoil the movie's story for you.

3. Having finished writing, it was past dinner time. I didn't feel like going to the store. I decided I'd make due with what little food I had in our apartment home. I remembered I had a half of a ciabatta roll. I had a brick of Cracker Barrel cheese. I found a tin of salmon in a cupboard. I toasted the roll, using the cast iron skillet and made an open face salmon and cheese combination with mustard. Not bad.

No comments: