Friday, August 21, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 08/20/15: More Photo Sorting, Grieving Snug, Green Bean Potpourri

1.  I spent several hours continuing to examine memory cards, working to recover and organize photographs, all because of the great external drive crash of 2012.  I've worked on this project intermittently since 2012 and I don't see an end in sight. I am glad, however, that I have stopped taking like two hundred pictures every time I take my camera out. This former way of doing things has made these days of going back over memory cards very tedious.

2.  It's been difficult for me over the last nearly four years to go back and look at the scores of pictures I took of my now deceased dog, Snug. The difficulty doesn't diminish with time.  All the same, I enjoyed revisiting pictures of him as I work on this picture project.


3.  I blanched a bag of green beans and boiled some tiny potatoes, and iced them. When the Deke arrived home, she combined them with cherry tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic to make a delicious cold dinner.

No comments: