Friday, August 28, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 08/27/15: Autumn Mornings, To the Dry Cleaners, New Salad

I was of three minds,
Like a tree
In which there are three blackbirds.
                                               -- Wallace Stevens

1.  Although the magazine room at the Greenbelt Library disappointed me -- I'll ask a librarian on another visit if I missed something -- like where are back issues --, the walk to the library from the Co-op refreshed me as autumn air is beginning to sit in Greenbelt in the mornings.

2. After much deliberation and hours of research, I decided to take my suit to the Beltway Super Cleaners in the Greenbelt Plaza and I took a few minutes to stroll down the plaza a ways to check out Heaven's Bakery for the heck of it and it didn't make a strong positive impression on me.  This little stroll was part of my ongoing effort to learn more about where I live.

3. I made another salad this afternoon for dinner and it was really good:  spinach leaves, chick peas, red onion, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and feta cheese dressed with a combination of olive oil, rice vinegar, lemon juice, honey, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.  It made for a most satisfying dinner.

No comments: