Friday, December 4, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 12/03/15: Flying with Holiday Spice Flat White, Ham Dinner, Good Night Brandy

1. On this morning after the Zags' victory over WSU, Christy and I rode our jet stream of elation all the way from Pullman to Coeur d'Alene, and, just in case my inner happy dance might be starting to flag, we stopped at Starbucks where I purchased myself a jolt of gingery-cinnamony-clove-y caffeinated 'tis the season to be jolly uplifting road trip Christmas cheer by drinking a tall Starbucks Holiday Spice Flat White and foamy angels of peace and goodwill carried me on their wings of love the rest of the way to the heart of the Silver Valley.

2. Back home, I did three loads of laundry for Mom and peeled and sliced potatoes and chopped onions in preparation for the potato au gratin dish that Mom and I were assembling to contribute to tonight's ham dinner, made possible by Christy's generosity sharing a Longhorn BBQ ham she bought with all of us.  Great dinner. Especially the return of Christy's Thanksgiving dressing!

3. Simple. I wanted to warm up a bit and relax myself before hitting the sack so I boiled water, poured some brandy in a mug, and poured the hot water over it. It's a perfectly simple and tasty bedtime smash.

No comments: