Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 12/15/15: Modified Sweet Potato Soup, Curry Questions, Maggie's Medicine

1. The recipe for Sweet Potato Cauliflower Soup, here, instructs the cook to roast the cauliflower, but I decided to not only roast the cauliflower, but also an onion and a red pepper. When I boiled the cubed sweet potatoes, I added a cubed apple covered in cinnamon to it. I also added five spice powder to the soup and some red pepper flakes. The Deke will be the first, besides me, to taste this slightly modified version of this soup and I look forward to finding out how it tasted to her. It would be really fun if she asked me if I did something different in preparing this soup, but not necessary.

2. I also made a big pot of curry sauce and vegetables and tofu.  I experimented by putting chicken broth in the curry to make it less thick and I'm wondering if I might add another block of tofu to it. I'm also thinking that although I really enjoy vegetarian dishes, this particular curry might benefit from the addition of chicken or shrimp -- I'll ponder this some more -- and it might be just fine the way it is.  Taste tests to come.

3. Maggie has begun a course of antibiotics. The medicine is liquid. It's administered directly into her mouth. This didn't seem to faze the Deke in the least.  It fazed me.

No comments: