Sunday, December 6, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 12/05/15: Smooth Travel, Quench Stop, Diaz Visit

1. Few things please me more than getting to the airport plenty early, having everything go smoothly and easily when I drop my suitcase off at the Alaska counter, skating quickly through security, having flights depart on time, getting superb service in the jet plane, and arriving at Baltimore Washington International almost exactly on time and knowing The Deke will be waiting for me curbside in the Sube.

2. The Deke and I went staright from BWI to the Quench Taproom and we started to get caught up with each other. I enjoyed three four oz samplers. The first was a terrfic grapefruit IPA and then a couple Mad Elfs, a terrific and warming winter ale from Troegs in Pennsylvania. The Mad Elf is a strong ale so chock full of holiday cheer that it should be consumed only in small doses. With its tones of cinnamon and cloves and allspice, it's kind of like a winter ale version of Starbuck's Holidat Spice Flat White.

3. The Deke and I then went to see Molly (Hiram is out of town) and Olivia and David and Ana and we loved the soup Adrienne had made that was left over from Thanksgiving. David left with us for a sleepover and, well, I wasn't much fun because even though it was only about 5:00 PST, I went straight to bed to sleep off my early morning rising and jet plane travel.

No comments: