Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 01/11/16: Senior Swim, Three Cheese Baked Ziti, Tool to Vivaldi

1.  The Senior Swim (water aerobics) class I'm taking only meets on Mondays and today was a most satisfying and therapeutic series of exercises.  I'll be back to the pool as often as possible this week and will try to replicate as many of these exercises as I can remember and keep looking for new ideas on the World Wide Web.

2. I've been in the mood for casserole-ish meals and I have been wanting some baked ziti, so this afternoon I followed a recipe I found on Pinterest and made a three cheese baked ziti with mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan cheese combined with onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, flour, and cashew milk. It was a great dish on a chilly evening, more like mac and cheese than the baked ziti dishes I'm used to -- and it inspired praise from the Deke.

3.  While I crept closer to finishing The Concrete Blonde, I put the Clutch station on Pandora and listened to Clutch and Tool and Primus et. al., and then switched gears and put on the Baroque station and listened to Handel, Vivaldi, and others -- all of which animated me.

No comments: