Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 01/26/16: Back to the Co-op, Photo Walk, Corgi Hell Ends

1.  I leapt into the Sube and glided down wet, but mostly bare, roads to the Co-op where there was limited parking and where people and machines were hard at work moving snow, digging out. I am grateful that I live in Greenbelt where it appears that getting the main roads passable wasn't too big of a problem. In other parts of the county and in Washington, D. C., there are numerous neighborhoods where streets have not seen a plow and people are shut in.

2. I took a walk around the apartment complex and on into the neighborhood nearby in search of snow figures to take pictures of.  I didn't find a ton of snow art, but if you scroll down to the end of this post, you'll see that the pictures I put in a Facebook album called "Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Snow Figure" -- it's the now melted figure in the back of our apartment building and you'll find other snow figures I photographed on my walk.

3. What is hell for our corgis?  The high pitched beep of a snow-moving Bobcat. I think the operator is mandated to beep beep beep beep beep beep when the machine is in reverse and that sound drove our corgis into pained barking and howling, off and on, for about two hours or so.

It ended.

That was a beautiful thing.


First, here are thirteen ways I looked at that snow figure.  Toward the end you'll see pieces of the figure are falling off as the snow figure thaws:















And, here are some other snow figures I came across on my walk:









No comments: