Monday, January 18, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 01/18/16: Rockville Visit, Double Duckpin, Reading Ann Rule

1. It's not every day that the Deke and I head out to Rockville, MD, but when we do, it's so the Deke can get some arts and crafts supplies at the A. C. Moore store and I can get more experience dealing with the back up on the Capital Beltway when there's been a collision.

2. From Rockville we took Randolph Road all the way back to Colesville, MD, close to the Diazes, and stopped in at Quench and I relished a juicy pint of Union Craft Brewing's Double Duckpin Imperial IPA and couldn't resist a couple samples of one of my very favorite stouts, Firestone Walker's Velvet Merlin.

3. Back home after spaghetti dinner at the Diazes and a visit with Hiram's brother, Alejandro, I settled back into the mournful and creepy story of the death of Ronda Reynolds in Ann Rule's book, In the Still of the Night.

No comments: