Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 11/17/14: Back to Walking, Guinness at Higgens Point, Kellogg Day at Bardenay

1.  It is still frigid outside.  But, the hell winds from the Arctic have settled down and so I was able to resume my walking regimen this morning and strolled east on Cameron, turned right on Hill, admired Teeters Field, strode McKinley to Division, descended Depot Hill, returned to Cameron, wove my way through the sharp dressed Dave Smith salesmen, and returned home.  It felt really good to get moving again.

2.  Abby picked me up shortly after noon and we went straight to Coeur d'Alene to chez Byrdman and he brought out a bottle of Guinness Blonde American Lager for each of us and we took a drive to Higgens Point parked, shot the breeze some more, and headed to Coeur d'Alene for lunch.

3.  Abby, Byrdman, and I decided to eat lunch at Bardenay Restaurant and Distillery and we not only enjoyed excellent food and drink, it turned out coming to this place exceeded any expectations we might have had of eating there.  Why?  Well, as we entered, seated at a table to our left were (and I used their high school names) Shelley Knott, Cindy Bovill, and Karen Ives, all graduates of KHS in 1970 and 1971, all past cheerleaders, and all lovely, friendly women.  We greeted each other warmly and talked for a good fifteen minutes or so before going to our own table.  Shelley, Cindy, and Karen came over to our table on their way out and who walked in?  Jack Morris, who lived down the street from me and around the corner from Abby until he moved to Coeur d'Alene in the 6th grade and has been a friend of Byrdman's for the last 30 years or so in Cd'A.  We all talked more and the woman who had been our server took a team picture of all of us.  I hope I can get a hold of that picture one day.  It will forever help me relive the great happiness I felt to have a reunion with such a great crowd of Kellogg friends.

No comments: