Sunday, November 30, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 11/29/14: Showcase Preparations, Arctic Stroll, Turkey Soup

1.  Shakespeare Showcase is just a week away.  It will be performed on Saturday, December 6th at 7:00 at the Wildish Theater in Springfield.  Sparky and I talked on the telephone for a little bit about the narration and now I have a better idea of what I need to do to help get the introduction to the show written.  No sweat!  I'll most likely finish it when Mom and I return to Kellogg tomorrow. Much of it is already written, thanks to writing already completed for past Showcases.

2.  The frigid Arctic air started moving in on the shores of Lake Roosevelt, but the sun shone under clear skies and I took a walk down the hill to the lake and back up again, getting my heart pumping and my blood moving.

3.  I think Mom wanted me to build on the success I achieved in cooking up a hamburger soup in Kellogg a little while back and so she assigned me to cook the turkey soup for dinner tonight.  I took my charge very seriously.  Yesterday, I had boiled down the turkey's carcass and today I sauteed some onion, celery, and sweet peppers, adding fresh rosemary and thyme, chopped up some carrots, combined it with yesterday's boil down effort, and, late in the game, added egg noodles, and we had ourselves a pretty tasty, warming, and hearty soup.  I also baked beer bread out of a Krusteaz box and it worked well with the soup.

No comments: