Saturday, November 1, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 10/31/14: Picture Time, Grandkids and Halloween, Good Karma at Giant

1.  I hadn't sat down and spent time with pictures I'd taken for a while.  It was fun doing some light editing and seeing what pictures from behind our apartment complex and down at Greenbelt Lake looked like.  Later this evening, I'll post some of them here at kelloggbloggin and send some out to those of you who don't see my FBook albums.

2.  The Deke and I arrived at Molly and Hiram's just in time to see Olivia, as a fairy princess, and David, as a dog, head out to do some light trick or treating.

3.  I was in the self check out line at Giant and the woman ahead of me saw my 4 pack of Dogfish Head IPA 90.  She was just about done scanning her groceries and exclaimed, "That's what I forgot.  Beer!"  I said, "Want to take this one?  I'll just go get myself another."  I think she was taken back a little by my offer but a she smiled widely and accepted.  I went back to the shelf of room temperature beer where I'd picked up that four pack, but only one four pack was left and it only had two bottles in it.  "Well," I said to myself, "I guess I'll have to find the Deke a different imperial IPA or something else she might like."  Now, mind you, I had been to the refrigerated section earlier and didn't find any cold Dogfish Head IPA 90.  But, this time, upon my return, I found the beer the Dogfish Head 90, the very beer Deke wanted and, hold on:   it was cold!  Perfect!  Sometimes things just work out for everyone.

No comments: