Thursday, April 4, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 04/03/13: Day by Day, Wheel Falls Off, Grandchildren Postcards

1.  I'm doing all I can to be a regular worshiper at the Wednesday morning Eucharist at St. Mary's.  Each Wednesday morning service features a saint and today we learned about Richard, Bishop of Chichester, most famous for his prayer which was the basis for one of my favorite songs from Godspell

Day by day,
Dear Lord, of thee three things I pray:
To see thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
Follow thee more nearly,
Day by Day.

2.   I got a bunch more weeds pulled and got out my cheap, used mower to mow the wild back yard and after about four minutes, one of the back wheels fell off.  My attempts to secure the wheel to the mower were unsuccessful and Marla kindly agreed to come over tomorrow with her toolbox and see if she has better luck than I did.  (I know she will.)

3.  The Costco package arrived with postcards I had made from pictures I took at the Eugene Roadster show this past Saturday.  I'm hoping it will make my grandchildren happy when they start getting truck pictures and stuffed animal pictures (from the show) in the mail.  They love the cards the Deke sends them of birds and cats and I'm hoping they'll enjoy these trucks and stuffed animals as well! 


No comments: