Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 04/29/13: Yard Work Continues, Church Ministry, 2007 -- Really?

1.  The epic (heh) work on the yard continues:  mowing, whacking weeds near the alley, trying to figure out some landscaping decisions.  I should add that this is the first time since 2002 that I've had real physical and mental energy to work on the yard.   I've struggled with mental and physical maladies over the last ten years and it really feels good to get out and work, even if just a little bit at a time.

2.  I got some writing done, too, and I think I've opened a vault.  I got done writing about why I didn't pursue church ministry as a vocation and I realize that's there more to the story and I've got to write it.  It'll be coming up soon.

3.  I took some time today to look back at stuff I wrote in late 2007 and at comments I got and it brought back some great memories of things I did back then, people I was in touch with through my blog, and things that were on my mind.  I just couldn't believe that what I did five and a half years ago happened that long ago.  It just doesn't seem that long ago.

No comments: