Thursday, April 25, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 04/24/13: More Familiar Roads, Burger and Brew, Eliot's Four Quartets

1.  Talk about familiar roads.  I took the wheel of that Nissan Altima I rented and drove to Ritzville and around the Tri-Cities on to the Umatilla Subway for a half a tuna and along the Columbia River to Biggs and suburban Portland and on down I-5 to Eugene.  Nine and a half hours. 

2.  I didn't go straight home.  I went straight to Cornucopia and the Deke was almost finished with a glass of wine and I waited for her and we went right to Billy Mac's and I enjoyed the Burger and Brew special with a couple of Heffs.  A great way to end my drive.

3.  I didn't stay up long.  I was ready to catch some Zs.  It felt good to crawl into bed, tune into NPR Now, and listen to Diane Rehm and three professors discuss Eliot's "Four Quartets".  A pleasant surprise. 

No comments: