Friday, April 26, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 04/25/13: Late for School, What Lies Ahead?, Philosophy Talk

1.  I've never had an LTD bus completely miss its route, but that happened this morning so I was nearly 15 minutes late for class.  Luckily, I got in touch with Lynn T. who let my class know about my tardiness and they were all there when I arrived.  They didn't clap when I arrived.  A couple of students woke up, though.

2.  The Deke and I have a lot on our minds these days, looking at our future.  So, there was only one thing to do:  head to Sixteen Tons and talk things over.  We didn't come up with a plan or anything, but, as always, everything is on the table.

3.   I've never listened to the radio program, "Philosophy Talk" tonight.  It's a rough comparison, but the program is a bit like "Car Talk" only it addresses questions of philosophy.  I'll listen again and more often and I'm thinking that future programming might interest me more than this evening's topic: "What Is An Adult?"  I thought it was more of a sociology discussion than a discussion of philosophy.  Not that that's a bad thing, but I was in the mood for something more philosophical. 

No comments: