Friday, April 12, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 04/11/13: Handing out the Portraits, Barefoot Hipster, Urban Wilderness

1.  I handed out the prints I had made of my students' portraits today. Overall,  I don't know if they were happy or disappointed or apathetic.  It's a good thing my enjoyment of taking these pictures is not dependent on seeing them react enthusiastically to being handed a pile of pictures of themselves!  Whatever they think of the pictures, I loved taking them.

2.  I saw a hipster on campus today wearing lavender Capris and a matching bandanna over his hair, sporting hipster glasses, walking barefoot, carrying a copy of the The Fountainhead.

3.  I went to a presentation of the Friends of Buford Park and Mt. Pisgah to learn more about the park and was inspired by the possibilities for walking and hiking.  All I need to do is get myself oriented out there as to where these things are and how to get there.  In time.

No comments: