Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 04/15/13: Out of My Way, Eulogy Help, Order of the Service

1.  Instead of taking the efficient route to the dentist this morning, I rode the long route, up Coburg Road, back across the north side of Eugene on Crescent, down Goodpasture Island Road, with Delta Ponds to my left, a stop at Valley River Center, and on up Country Club Road to the office.  I was a few minutes late for my appointment, but I enjoyed seeing parts of Eugene I don't get out to much in my day to day routines. 

2.  I put out a request to family members for memories and thoughts about Aunt Lila to help me write the eulogy for her funeral.  Some really helpful and heart-warming stories and insights have come my way.

3.  I think I have the order of the service for Aunt Lila's funeral figured out and I know my plan for including in the service passages from the Old Testament, the Psalms, the Gospels, and from the rest of the New Testament.  I'll work the Gospels into the eulogy and the benediction will come from St. Paul.


No comments: