Thursday, October 31, 2013

Three Beautiful Things, 10/30/13: Delta Ponds Stroll, Planting Roses, Watching the Sox with a Masshole

1.  It's been quite a while since I've strolled the banks of the Delta Ponds just off Goodpasture Island Road.  I had a good walk and an egret stood still so I could take its picture, too.


2.  I bought three rose plants/bushes and planted them on the south side of the garage in an area once dominated by weeds that the Roto-Rooter people cleared out.  I also filled in more of the sink hole before I planted the roses, fertilized them, and mulched them with leaves.

3.  The Troxstar invited me over to his crib to watch the Red Sox.  Ahhh...this was good...I got to watch the Red Sox win the World Series with a true Masshole who has been a Red Sox fan every day of his life (but not as long as I have!) and is not a 2004 Red Sox Nation bandwagoner.  We were in touch with Adam, Scutter, and Souza -- all cradle Red Sox fans, all Massholes.  So, not only did I get to experience Game 6 with Massholes, the RED SOX WON the World Series.  Unbelievable.  I mean Stephen Drew homered.  He barely qualifies as a banjo hitter -- more a ukelele -- and he homered!

No comments: