Thursday, December 5, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/04/13: Cull the Pictures, Chilly Eugene Scene, Let the Celebration Begin!

1.  I'm working on a project and going back through hundreds of pictures I've taken and it's not nearly as sobering to see how many crummy pictures I've taken as it is overwhelming that I've kept so many of them.  Near to the top of my list of things I'm learning:  delete lousy pictures and don't take so many of the same subject, thinking that if I take ten pictures of the veins of a leaf, one of them will be good.

2.  It was a chilly stroll with my Pentax Q over to Sweet Life for some biscotti and coffee and I took this picture, thinking it tells the story of how the temperature has dropped in Eugene:


3.  After a two hour rehearsal of the Shakespeare Showcase, I stood outside the Safeway at 18th and Oak and Rita braved the cold and the dark and the packed parking lot to bring me delicious cupcakes and a book by Louise Erdrich I haven't read, The Master Butchers Singing Club.   My 60th birthday is still three weeks away, but I think the celebration has begun! 

No comments: