Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/17/13: Popcorn Balls, Belgian Blow Out, Lauren Rocks

1.  Mom and I got the popcorn balls all made and ready to give out.

2.  Byrdman and I gave the Selkirk Abbey pub a try outside Post Falls and had a fun mini Belgian blow out. 

3.  Stu, Lars, Byrdman and I got together at Buffalo Wild Wings at the Spokane Valley Mall.  When we left the Selkirk Abbey, Jaimie, our bartender, told Byrdman and me to look for her friend Lauren as a server.  The joint had about 1000 servers and miraculously Lauren was assigned to our table.  She loves Jaimie.  Jaimie loves Lauren.  Lauren loves us members of the Great Guys Hall of Fame she met tonight.  And, BONUS, she told me that I made her think first of Albert Einstein (the hair), and secondly, of Bill Murray.  It was about twenty years ago when students started telling me that I reminded them of Bill Murray and, wow!, it happened again at Buffalo Wild Wings at the Spokane Valley Mall.  And it was LAUREN, JAIMIE's great friend and a consummate server of wings and beer who told me so.  I was a little giddy.

No comments: