Friday, December 13, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/12/13: Great Guy Hall of Fame Member Byrdman is the Man, Medicine Please, Smelterville Stories



1.        1.  Thank you Byrdman.  Christy needs to tend to Everett and his infected hand so she can’t pick me up at the airport as planned.  So I emailed the Byrdman and broke out singing the Hallelujah Chorus when he got back to me and can pick me up and drive me to Kellogg.  This really makes my life easier.

       
 2.  All I really wanted was for my prescriptions to be ready when I went to Hiron’s.  Please, I begged the way things go, don’t let this be the time any of these need a doctor’s permission for renewal.  I leave for Kellogg tomorrow and if I have all my medicines, it makes life about four thousand times easier.  The prescriptions were ready.  I think the woman who helped me at the counter was taken aback by my joy, by my wide grin.
 
3.  Today was another day of people, mostly from back home, commenting on the stories I’ve been posting on this blog about experiences I had at the Zinc Plant, and, as it turns out, at the Happy Landing Tavern.  Friends had a few stories of their own about the Happy Landing and, about wow, Smelterville’s annual lawless drunken fight fest, Frontier Days when carnies, cowboys, miners, logger, and Silver Valley thugs swooped into Smelterville in the company of perfectly innocent people for an anything goes three day weekend of knife fights, fist fights, car wrecks, drunkenness, mining and logging competitions, rodeo, demolition derbies,  carnival rides, rigged gambling booths, and probably some kind of hangover kids parade. 

No comments: