Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/10/13: The Air Conditioning Works in my Office, Here -- Have Forty Bucks!, Man -- I Was Ruddy

1.  Lane Community College opened at noon today and I went out and finished grading and was happy to have a couple of students come by and pick up their papers.  I arrived at my office and cheerily went to the main office and told the Administrative Assistant that the air conditioning in my office was working.  Yes.  With the temperature outside at about 14 degrees, cold air was being fed into my office.  I worked in the slightly warmer hallway!  I'm glad these things don't upset me.  It's all consistent with the absurdity of workplaces everywhere.  There's always something.

2.  I helped make someone's day today a little nicer today.  When I went to buy a thermometer for Charly at Hiron's, I reached into my pocket to pay and the forty bucks I thought I'd find there was gone.  I dropped in somewhere during the day and somewhere someone is forty bucks richer. 

3.  That Mad River 24th Anniversary Quadrupel Strong Belgian Ale, at 11.4% ABV, warmed my late afternoon with the Deke right up at the Bier Stein this afternoon.  I was smiley, ruddy, and almost immune to the cold.  The ale did its job.

No comments: