Sunday, December 8, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/07/13: Cold Weather Stroll, Cycling Jefferson Street, Ubon Stir Fry

1. It's the coldest weather we've had here in Eugene for at least forty years.  It's my favorite kind of cold weather:  clear skies, windless, for the most part, with dry, crunchy snow.  So I left the car in the driveway and took a stroll over to Sweet Life for an almond biscotti and coffee and then to the Kiva for food supplies for me and the Deke.

2.  The packed snow and ice on the roads meant few cars were out, so the usually very busy Jefferson Street was vacant enough for these two bicyclists to enjoy their spin around the neighborhood:


3.  Usually, when I make stir fry with noodles, I fix Soba noodles, but, today, I fixed Ubon noodles and they were perfect and the Deke and I enjoyed the way they tasted with onion, ginger root, garlic, tofu, celery, mushrooms, red cabbage, and bok choy.  The Ubon noodles responded well to being fried for a little while in sesame oil and to some soy sauce before I combined it all together.   Cold night.  Warm meal.  Good vibe with the Deke.

No comments: