Friday, December 27, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/26/13: Bacon and Toast, Leftovers/Memory Shot, Sunshine Daydream

1.  Mom wanted some crisp bacon this morning and I fried her up some and served it the way she likes it:  on toast, no eggs.  She's not crazy about eggs. 

2.  It was fun going over to Carol's and pulling out the leftovers from our Scottish Christmas Eve dinner and making sandwiches from the leftover Christmas prime rib and having good food in a lower keyed manner.  We also played a new movie trivia game the Roberts received for Christmas and I learned, on my last day in my fifties, that I can't remember a darn thing, it seems.

3.  Ed and I went up to Susan and Cleve's for a good visit which included listening to a little bit of the Grateful Dead's August 27, 1972 show in Veneta, OR.  It was a benefit for the Springfield Creamery and is known as the Sunshine Daydream.  I would have/could have enjoyed listening that music all night long.

No comments: