Sunday, December 1, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 11/30/13: Talking to Mom and Christy, Bold Black and White with the Q, Soup and Happiness

1.  It was really good talking to Christy and Mom on the phone this morning and finding out about their happy Thanksgiving dinner and good times on Friday.  I appreciated very much how well they listened to me as I told them about possibilities for mine and Deke's life over the next year or so. 

2.  Russell and I divided our Saturday picture taking walk between 5th Street and Pioneer Cemetery at the Univ. of Oregon.  My Pentax Q has a feature called Bold Black and White (it's actually called Monochrome, but I can't bring myself to say monochrome) and I wanted to give it a try.  So I took pictures on 5th, added, in both places, to my "Come -- Have a Sit" project, and thought the Bold Black and White was the perfect setting for cemetery pictures.  Here are some pictures I took:










 3.  Here's what makes me really happy:  with onions, celery, garlic, ginger root, a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, yellow zucchini, baby carrots, red cabbage, mushrooms, navy beans, cilantro, and basil I made a soup, thinking it would be ready for the Deke when she arrived home around 9:30 from Chicago.  It was ready and the Deke loved the soup.  That's what makes me really happy. 


No comments: