Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/23/13: The Kellogg Time Machine, Christy Arrived!, Carol's Carolers

1.  I ran errands all over in Kellogg:  Yokes, Stein's, Furniture Exchange, Avista, Wells Fargo, Food Bank, and Carol's house.  Every stop was a flood of memories from my days of working at Stein's, to opening my first bank account at First Security Bank (I don't think I had one at Weber), to all the music I heard Pat Elfsten play and all the music I played with him, to delivering holiday food baskets for DeMolay.  Yes, I run errands in Kellogg to get things done, but I also enjoy jumping in the Kellogg Time Machine and remembering all those years I lived here while growing up.

2.  Christy arrived!  The roads were safe.  She loaded her car with gifts and food preparation stuff and some good booze.  Mom, Christy, and I had a nice pork loin roast for dinner.  We settled into a fun evening of drinks and gabbing and laughing.

3.  Christy wasn't my only sister to come to Mom's house.  Carol and about 1,000 carolers from Carol's family,  the Sixth Street Melodrama and other branches of the tree of Carol's life came to Mom's house to sing carols, wish us a Merry Christmas, and bring some light to dark and damp evening Monday night.

No comments: