Sunday, December 15, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/14/13: I Arrived, Basement Sorting, Holiday Show

1.  My twenty-six hour trip from Eugene to Kellogg came to an end when Byrdman delivered me to the front door of Mom's house.  The last time a single trip between Eugene and Kellogg took me this long it was when I rode Greyhound in late December, 1981 and the buses were crippled by a series of snow storms, ice storms, and an overturned truck on the freeway.  That trip took twenty-four hours and wasn't nearly as comfortable as this one.  Greyhound didn't put me in a motel, I didn't see any friends that time, and I didn't have any Starbucks coffee along the way.  Heh.

2.  Mom is sorting stuff out in her basement and I got right to helping her out within an hour of my arrival.

3.  The Sixth Street Melodrama sang a show of holiday songs. The first half were show tunes, pop songs, and general songs celebrating the magic of Christmas.  The show devoted the second half of the show to sacred music, songs about the birth of Jesus.  It was fun seeing people I've know forever:  Coach Larry Curry, Gail, Jill, April and Jim, and my NIC classmate and musical director for this show, Joy Persoon.  I enjoyed that several people enjoy kelloggbloggin and have been enjoying my recent posts about working at the Bunker.

No comments: