Monday, December 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/15/13: O Christmas Tree, Making the Nuts and Bolts, 21st Century Christmas Preparations

1.  Mom and I got the Christmas tree assembled, Christmas decorations hauled down from the upstairs, the tree decorated with lights, garland, ornaments, and angel on top, and the skirt placed around the bottom.  I am pretty sure some of these ornaments date back to when we lived on E. Portland over fifty years ago.

2.  Mom and I assembled the pretzels, Cheerios, Chex cereal, Cheese Nibs, and other bits and Mom got the seasoned butter prepared and we got the Nuts and Bolts made.  We've been having Nuts and Bolts at Christmas time for nearly fifty years when Grandma Woolum introduced this salty, garlicky, crunchy treat to our family's life.

3.  I can't do everything the way I've been doing it for nearly sixty years.  Some things have to be contemporary and I got some stuff done on the World Wide Web I needed to do help out Mom and for a Christmas project of my own. 

No comments: