Thursday, December 26, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/25/13: Christmas Smash, Christmas Silence, Christmas Nachos

1.  I like having a little smash on Christmas morning and that whiskey cream Christy made for me for Christmas sure tasted good in my coffee and upped my Christmas cheer a knotch or two.

2.  Christmas afternoon fell into near silence.  I went over to Carol's to fix oven roasted potatoes and to prepare the prime rib and roast it.  My nieces retreated to their rooms.  Carol took a long nap.  Paul quietly went about his business.  I sat in a comfortable living room chair and took a short nap.  I love it when Christmas day falls into into near silence.  (Around four o'clock or so, the silence broke, the bustle kicked in, and our prime rib dinner was a great success).

3.  I called the Deke in the afternoon to see how she and Patrick were doing on Christmas Day and she was at New Frontier Market buying ingredients for nachos and later posted a picture of Patrick preparing the (maybe now traditional?) Christmas nachos.  The best news?  Patrick and the Deke were having a good day and were enjoying each other's company and having some good yakking.

No comments: