Sunday, December 22, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/21/13 (The Deke's Birthday): Fun at Exxon, City Limits Food and Beer, Nightcap at Noah's

1.  I swear, the 20 something woman who checked me out at the Exxon convenience store at 4th Street near Hattie in Coeur d'Alene was one of the friendliest and most fun checkers I've bought a diet Pepsi mixed with Sierra Mist and a Slim Jim Teriyaki Beef Stick from.  It all had to do with lightening my pockets by using all my change and it just turned into laughs, big smiles, and a lot of good cheer.  (You had to be there.)

2.  Ed, Jake, Carol and I cruised up to the City Limits in Wallace for some dinner and some fun time together.  I tried the meatloaf and mashed potatoes with Pulaski Porter gravy and a side of  chili and a Sunset Red red ale.  I always prefer the Deke's meatloaf and my mother's to any meatloaf I eat anywhere, but this meatloaf was light and tasty and I enjoyed the gravy.  The conversation and laughter was out of sight.

3.  We decided to have a nightcap (at like 8 p.m.!) at Noah's Canteen where things were young and boisterous and we found a corner at the bar and continued to talk and laugh and I enjoyed some Bailey's and some brandy.  It was a perfect cap to a fun evening out and about in the Silver Valley.

No comments: