Monday, December 9, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 12/08/13: Staying Put, Staying Put with Pictures, Quitting Staying Put

1.  I stayed put.  I missed going to church, but in this deep freeze we are having in Eugene, I decided to stay put.

2.  Staying put, I kept working on my project of recovering pictures from memory cards, pictures I lost over a year ago.  I keep having the same experience over and over again looking at these pictures:  I wonder, at times, what I was thinking of when I took a bunch of my pictures, and then I sort of remember what it was I hoped to make happen.  I failed a lot.  A lot.  Well, a lot.  I would have been wise to have deleted a lot of those failures when the failure happened, but I didn't, so I am now.  I'm getting a stronger and stronger sense of what kinds of pictures have lasting value, what I do that works better than other things, and what I have to work on.  It's fun, time-consuming, and overwhelming.

3.  The Deke decided she didn't want to stay put any longer and so I consented to a trip to 16 Tons for a couple half pints of The Abyss, which warmed us right up, and a stroll across the street to the freezing cold High Street Pub where we had great conversation and happy hour cheeseburgers and tater tots.  It's funny that even though we had to keep our jackets and caps and other cold weather gear on, we thoroughly enjoyed our food, our yakking with our server, and one another's company.  I gotta tell you, though:  it was really cold in that little old house that is the High Street Pub!

No comments: