Friday, March 28, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 03/27/14: Lunch at Rita's, Country Drive and Klezmer Music with Rita, Marla at the Market

1.  Rita invited me and John W. to her house for a splendid spinach, pecan, cranberry, bleu cheese salad, a sturdy and tasty bowl of ham, bean, and vegetable soup, toast made from dense bread from the Creswell Bakery, and a sweet and tangy pineapple upside down cake.  Conversation was scintillating and I got to share my latest set of portraits of my WR 115 students.  Our afternoon was talkative, tasty, lazy, and serene -- as long lunches should be.

2.  After Rita, John, and I visited the Creswell Bakery and admired the gorgeous breads and savory items in the cold case, as well as the lovely remodel of the former church the bakery now resides in, John had to head back to Eugene, and Rita and I took a drive east of Cottage Grove on London Road and yakked about a lot of great stuff.  When we arrived back at Rita's she played me a couple of stirring tracks off of the splendid Klezmonaut's cd "The Klezmonauts Destroy Tsunami" (recorded live at Tsunami Books).  

3.  I stopped in at Market of Choice to pick up a few groceries and ran into Marla N. and we had a wide ranging conversation in the produce department that got us both caught up on all the news in our lives and in the lives of our families.  There is so much going on and so much to talk about.

No comments: