Thursday, January 8, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 01/07/15: Flickr Recluse, Mushroom Pork Chops, Holy Names/Holy Family

1.  I worked reclusively for several hours today on my Flickr account, not only uploading pictures, but also numbering pictures in some albums, cataloging them, I guess.  This effort grew out of Adrienne wanting some pictures of people holding hands to display at work.  In order for her to be able to choose which ones she wanted, I needed to number the pictures better and I want to do this cataloging with other albums as well.

2.  Mom and I took jumped in the kitchen time machine and went back to the days of pork chops braised in Campbell's mushroom soup.  I don't remember ever fixing pork chops this way, so Mom gave me some tips and it worked. This means we collaborated!  We boiled fresh beets and they tasted perfect with the mushroom pork chops.  The pork chops reminded me of when I'd arrive home late for dinner because of basketball practice or other school activities (or work) and Mom put a plate in the oven and in my memory, every one of those oven warmed dinners consisted of mushroom pork chops, potatoes, gravy, and canned whole kernel corn.

3.  Carol and Cosette and Molly dropped in this evening and a spirited discussion broke out regarding the location and the history of The Academy, the retirement home where Beverly lives.  After consulting the notes Mom took from her phone conversation with Beverly, the Spokane phone book, and the World Wide Web, we convinced Mom that Beverly does not live near Holy Family hospital, but, instead, lives in the former Holy Names Academy.  Therefore, she doesn't live near Northtown, but nearer Jack and Dan's.  It's easy to confuse Holy Family with Holy Names and we think maybe Beverly mixed them up when talking to Mom and it took an epic family discussion to get it all straightened out!  Such discussions happen often under Mom's roof and I'm always slightly relieved when the facts are discovered....

No comments: