Sunday, January 25, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 01/24/15: A.M. at Spokane International, Easy Flights, Back with the Deke

1.  I was up (a little too) bright and early at the Ramada Inn, climbed in the shuttle van, arrived almost immediately at the airport, and got great service from Alaska Airlines and got to walk through the expedited TSA security check.  This is how I like to do things.  Arrive way way early, have everything go smoothly, and then just sit quietly and wait to board the plane.  I really dislike the last minute and when at the airport I often run this paraphrase of John Milton through my mind:  "They also serve who only sit and wait."

2.  Flying to Seattle was easy.  Flying to Baltimore was easy.  I really like easy flights when everything goes well.  I spent quite a bit of time on the flight to Baltimore reading about day hikes in Maryland, D.C., and Virginia -- great state and federal parks, historical sites, and expansive green areas in D. C. and got excited imagining myself checking them out.

3.  Deke picked me up at Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and we went straight to Beltsville and the Old Line Bistro and started right in on talking about stuff over a couple of beers and a light dinner in preparation for our return to our little two bedroom apartment in Greenbelt and my reunion with Charly and Maggie.  Whoa.  It's all good.

No comments: