Saturday, January 31, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 01/30/15: 10,000 Steps, Good Marriage, Peanut Sauce

1.  Today was the day to start transferring my prescriptions from Yoke's in Kellogg and Target in Alexandria to the Co-op pharmacy, so this gave me a good reason to walk counter clockwise around Greenbelt Lake to the intersection where I break off to walk to Roosevelt Center, retrace my route, and see how many steps that walk is.  I returned home and my pedometer told me I was over 9000 steps and, by the end of the day, just with steps I took around the house and those I needed to take the recycling out, I surpassed 10,000 steps.

2.  Having me home is making the challenges the Deke experiences at work much less stressful.  When she comes home, the dogs are taken care of and she knows I will or have fixed dinner.  It's a great thing that I can do something I love to so much, that it, cook, to help make it a bit easier for the Deke to do what she loves, that is, teach.  Good marriage really isn't very exciting.  It's deeply satisfying, though.

3.  When the Deke and I were living at Molly and Hiram's, I had found a recipe called "The Best Thai Peanut Sauce" (@ allrecipes.com).  It's simple, as long as the ingredients are on hand:  peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, fish sauce, hot sauce, lime juice, water, minced garlic, minced ginger, and cilantro.  Throw it all in a bowl, mix it up, and a good sauce is done.  So I made this sauce because we had one package of tofu, some broccoli, some cauliflower, and a container of leftover rice in the icebox.  I used my electric fry pan as a vegetable steamer, baked the tofu, heated up the rice with the vegetables and we enjoyed a flavorful dinner.

No comments: