Sunday, January 11, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 01/10/15: Relaxing at Martin Creek, More Flickr Building, Dinner and the Zags

1.  Everett burns a comfortable heat in the family wood stove.  Light snow fell in the morning.  Coffee is plentiful.  The dogs are relaxed.  The cats come in and out.  Things are very slow and easy here at Christy and Everett's at Martin Creek.

2.  While joining in on the many conversations whirling about between Mom and Everett and Christy and me, I continued to build more Flickr albums and, once again, enjoyed reliving sessions of taking pictures and remembering what I hoped would happen when I opened the shutter.  I don't usually take pictures to preserve memories -- but, without intending to, that's just what I've done.

3.  For much of the afternoon, the smell of the pot roast Christy put in the oven defined the house. The dinner tasted every bit as good as it smelled:  chuck roast, carrots, and potatoes and a crisp salad. It was a simple dinner that helped give us just the strength we needed to watch the Zags defeat the Santa Clara Broncos.  The game was a lot of fun.

No comments: